UP Makalu Light
para-alpinist in mind
A Makalu 3 at heart, only lighter – on your back as well as on your mind. Designed for the easy end of the EN B spectre, but with the para-alpinist in mind – launch, handling, landing, carrying – all as light'n easy as it gets. Sublime handling, nippy character, albeit with no twitchyness - and the performance of a much higher rated wing.
- Wide weight range in all sizes: Choose one that fits your intended use
- Sublime line control through extremely simple riser design: No stress even on high-Alpine launches
- 3D panel shaping: less wrinkles in the canopy, better performance and higher collapse resistance
- Half-moon shaped cell openings: better leading edge definition, sexy look
- Nylon-reinforced leading edge: Small, interchangeable battens ensure perfect leading edge definition for the entire life span of the wing. This translates into easy launching, always.
- Brake Tensioning System: Trailing edge tension is good for handling and safety, but influences performance negatively. With BTS the tension is only there when you need it
Easy to fly, easy on the scales and easy on the eyes – and unusually easy to launch and land! The Makalu Light is based on the Makalu 3, the wing that was classified by the DHV as the easiest and safest of the lot in a recent re-test of EN A and B wings. The Light has a much expanded weight range for each size, but remains an easy EN B wing that'll make every flight a pleasure right from the word ”go”.
Target pilot for the new wing is the weekend warrior and para-alpinist looking for something robust, reliable and safe to fly, with low packing volume and high fun factor. As an example, the appropriate size for someone hooking in at 110kgs weighs only 3.75kgs in spite of being made from tried-and-tested materials which will stand the test of time!
With its docile character and lively, precise handling this wing will become a favourite from the first time you take her out on a date.