Come fly tandem with AirXpansion, a scenic flight next to beautiful Mount Shasta!
- No experience necessary
- Sit back and let me do the flying
- Enjoy the experience of free flight
- A must on your bucket list
- Take this opportunity and learn, feel and see from the sky
- Consider the possibility of learning for yourself
- AirX pilots are Nationally Certified with USHPA, our sports national governing body.
Must be 18 years or older
Must weigh between 90 to 240 lbs.
We are a foot launch sport so you must be able to run on launch and landing. Not recommended for people with any major knee injurys or other health complications.
What to expect:
Flights normally last around 20 minutes, depending on the conditions. We will fly 2,000 to 3,000 feet over the ground with stunning views of Mount Shasta. Our tandem paraglider pilots are extremely experienced and very skilled so they will always make the most of the given conditions and provide you the longest and safest flight possible. This takes place in an outdoor setting where uneven ground and some hazards may exist.
We meet in the Shasta Valley, North of Mt. Shasta. Drive to the launch to prepare for flight. Launch is at 7,400 feet elevation. We fly down to the landing zone where the flight ends. Plan on being out for 3-4 hours total.
Please either pay in advance or at the time of flight. Check, Cash, or Paypal works best.
The following is recommended:
*Protective footwear, no open toe shoes
*Pants, jeans are great
*Warm clothing layers and a Jacket (a mid layer and a separate shell)
*Water and snacks
* Have gas in your vehicle as you will travel to semi-remote fly sites in some of the most beautiful places in the area.
Note: Paragliding is a weather dependent sport, there are times we cannot fly due to rains, heavy winds, etc. We will do our best to forecast best possible times.
Precaution: Tandem flights may cause "motion sickness,"prepare accordingly.
Thank you very much for choosing Airxpansion